Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) Marking Service for Privately Made Firearm (PMF) or an unfinished frame or receiver.
This is a local service to comply with The Maryland State Police Licensing Division (MSPLD).
The customer presenting the PMF or unfinished frame or receiver to the FFL, shall provide the FFL with the alphanumeric characters to imprint as per PS 5-703. FFLs are advised that the personal identification number shall be imprinted on a single line in the following manner:
• Postal zip code of the current owner or person that made, completed, or initially assembled the firearm, followed by
• Initials of the current owner or person that made, completed, or initially assembled the firearm, followed by
• A number that has not been used by the current owner or person that made, completed, or initially assembled the firearm on any other firearm that this person made, completed, or initially assembled.
Example of Personal Identification Number Format: 21208MSP001
Price for Engraving, Cash or Check at time of engraving:
$40 for set up and the first Item, $15 for each additional Item
For 7 or more Items the initial set up is waived and the cost will be $15 per Item
* Marking is done while you wait - we will not keep your firearm over night.
* Please remove accessories and breakdown firearm as much as possible before the appointment.